Monday, March 17, 2014

Endangered NJ Birthday



Spring always reminds me that another year has passed for Endangered New Jersey. I started posting in February 2009 and we are entering our sixth year. With almost 700 posts, we get a fair number of visitors (about 157,000 so far) and hopefully they find out more about our state.

When I started it was partially because I have volunteered in the state's Wildlife Conservation Corps, Speakers Bureau for a few decades, especially for things related to threatened and endangered species. Giving talks to groups made me aware of how many people in NJ don't know about what we have here and what we might lose in our natural world.

Of course, I also am happy that this site gets lots of visitors from outside NJ and I hope it has some positive impact on our state's image which too often gets bashed by the national media.

This past year, the most popular posts (old and new) have been:
Our visitors come primarily from this top 10 list of countries (in order):
  1. United States
  2. Russia
  3. Germany
  4. United Kingdom
  5. Canada
  6. France
  7. Ukraine
  8. Poland
  9. China
  10. India
Thanks for taking a look at the site.

No comments: