Here are some to get you started - check out the full list
- Apshawa Preserve – Passaic County Butler reservoir, waterfalls, a dam, ruins… and even a brief glimpse of the NYC skyline.
- Atsion to Quaker Bridge – Wharton State Forest Some of the prettiest sections of the Pine Barrens along the scenic Mullica River.
- Buttermilk Falls, Crater Lake, Hemlock Pond – Delaware Water Gap Start at NJ’s highest waterfall, then hike the Appalachian Trail to Crater Lake and Hemlock Pond.
- Cheesequake State Park – Green Trail Pleasant hike over rolling hills and through beautiful marshlands using numerous boardwalks.
- Four Birds Trail – Wildcat Ridge A rugged trail through a very pretty area, with views from a hawk watch.
- Jenny Jump S.F. – Ghost Lake This hike offer views of the surrounding mountains and valleys before arriving at Ghost Lake.
- Sunfish Pond – Worthington State Forest / Delaware Water Gap Hike through some of the prettiest forest in New Jersey to a glacial lake 1,000 feet above the surrounding area.
- Tripod Rock, Whale Rock, Bear Rock – Pyramid Mountain; Morris County This pretty route includes interesting glacial erratics and two overlooks.
- Wells Mills County Park – White trail (called Penns Hill Trail or Macri Trail) A great intro to the terrain of the Pine Barrens and Atlantic white cedar swamps.