Friday, March 27, 2020

Blog Anniversary (or Birthday)


I guess it's typically called an anniversary when a blog celebrates another year. Endangered New Jersey started as a blog on March 27, 2009, so today is the anniversary. Personally, I prefer a birthday because it suggests that there will be cake, ice cream, and presents!  (No balloons - especially the mylar ones - that usually end up in the ocean and endanger animals!)

Today is birthday 11, but the idea and original version of the site goes back 21 years old having begun as a website in 1999 that I helped three sixth grade students (one being my son) and their teacher put together. You can read about the history of the site here.

This blog was my way to keep the mission of the original site going - to keep people in NJ and beyond informed about what was happening in our state around things threatened and endangered. I broadened the scope to include other topics about the diverse environments and species found in New Jersey, plus the challenges we face, and what you can do to enjoy and protect them.




No comments: